Friday, June 19, 2009

07 - 5k Races Completed!

Finished my third 5k race of the year this weekend - which completes the task!

The Brian Diemer Amerikam 5k was a great race. The weather was warm and rainy. I loved the course, it took us through a few neighborhoods and across the campus of a hospital. There also weren't very many hills... I don't like hills! Also great was that this race had water stations set out along the course, which was staffed by very cool volunteers.

All in all, I clocked in at 48:38 - three minutes quicker than my last, and six better than my first attempt!

I have one more scheduled next weekend, then I'm taking the rest of the summer off and then wrapping up the season with the Walk for a Cure - which I'm walking for fun and fundraising with a my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment