Friday, February 27, 2009

** The 101 List **

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.


Start Date: Jan 26, 2009
End Day: October 24, 2011
Completed items will be bolded, along with a date and relevant info.
Item in progress will be italicized.
Progress: 3/101 completed
4/101 in progress
Create your own list and join with me!
Be warned: Some items are adult in nature!


Health: (2/10)
1) Lose 50lbs (0/50)
2) treat myself to a massage
3) Buy a sexy club dress
4) Bike the 9 miles around Spring Lake in one day
5) Create a meditation place just for me
6) Walk in the Susan B Komen Breast Cancer walk - Sept 26, 2009
7) Walk in 3 5k races (1: Fremont Frostbite Run, Feb 09, 2: Irish Jig Run, Mar 09, 3: Brian Diemer Amerikam Run)
8) Run in one 5k race (can substitute for a walked 5k)
9) Buy the perfect black dress
10) Stop swearing

Home: (0/17)
11) Plant a garden
12) Successfully harvest from garden
13) Adopt a second dog
14) Complete the remodeling of my library – so that it’s ready for my books to move in
15) Move my books into the Palace/library
16) Take books out of boxes and organize them on shelves!
17) Install my library software and document my permanent collection
18) Buy a pretty houseplant
19) Paint the exterior of the Palace a funky artsy color (or more than one)
20) Throw a real party with at least 15 people here, complete with invitations
21) Use my panini maker to make a gourmet sandwich twice
22) Organize jewelry and donate/giveaway anything I realistically will not wear
23) Cook five dishes from my cookbooks
24) Clear out my pantry of food I will probably never eat. Donate to someone who can’t afford food.
25) Buy a house Completed 06/09
26) Complete one renovation project in said new house.
27) Research plans to create mini deck down at lakeside.

Financial/Work: (1/7)
28) Completely pay off old credit card debt - Completed 05/09!
29) Save $100 and go big-time shopping with Adrienne.
30) Create $3,000 Emergency Fund (hands off!)
31) Fill Chinese vase with change – do not cash until vacation
32) Completely pay off student loan debt – mine/Prince Charming’s
33) At a meal, tip more than the meal was worth – leaving a compliment for the server
34) Donate $1000 worth of things to charity (according to itdeductible.com)

Family and Friends: (0/15)
35) Lie in the grass with a friend and cloud watch
36) Wear my sexy club dress out to a club and go dancing
37) Learn to, and cook a gourmet meal, complete with courses for my husband
38) Visit NYC with Adrienne or Mom
39) Make three friends a "Just Because" package of things I think they will need or want. (0/3)
40) Watch a sunrise with a special friend
41) Do a mini-s’more roast with mini-marshmallows, teddy grahams and chocolate
42) Take photos in a photobooth with a friend
43) Takes flowers to my father-in-law’s grave, and lay one on the graves of our ancestors.
44) Attend two ren faires with a friend
45) Host at least three movie nights, complete with popcorn (0/3)
46) Purchase a fancy set of bra/panties and wear them under everyday clothes.
47) find a long silky nightgown and surprise prince charming
48) Coordinate with Maestro and Mum to cook three course meal for our men.
49) Write a letter to my mother thanking her for everything she’s done for me. Send with flowers.


Creative/Culture: (0/25)
50) have a portrait painted/drawn of Prince Charming and I
51) Complete my wedding scrapbook
52) Read (and finish) the Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis
53) Write a 50,000 word novel
54) Take two college courses of my choice
55) Volunteer (at least once!) at the local Humane Society or Animal Rescue
56) Compose a memories book with 100 photos of me doing someing/being somewhere (0/100)
57) Take portraits of 100 different people, compose into photo album
58) Document one day of my life for the LJ group
59) Watch the Extended Editions of the LOTR Trilogy in a row, one after another.
60) Send a secret to the Post Secret
61) Attend a symphony concert in semi-formal dress
62) Commission a piece of artwork from a decent artist
63) Watch at least 15 Oscar Best Picture winning movies
64) Create a T-Shirt quilt from my high school/college shirts
65) Get a passport
66) Go somewhere with my passport
67) Read 10 banned books
68) Participate in postcrossing.com
69) Visit Mackinac Island
70) Sell my photography
71) Pick five towns/villages at random and photograph them for a day
72) Spend one day in nature, away from everything. Spend the night.
73) Go to a movie by myself. Buy nachos.
74) Visit 5 historical monuments. Document.

Spiritual: (0/7)
75) Visit a labyrinth
76) Visit a monastery (bonus points for spending a day)
77) Give someone special 10 somethings, and ask them to pass it on
78) Pay for the person behind me in the drive-thru because God loves with no strings attached.
79) Visit a church of a different religion
80) Spend a few hours with someone who believes something different than me.
81) Keep a dream journal. Roll my eyes at ‘meanings’, but journal.

Adventure: (1/13)
82) try three new ethnic foods
83) Go camping in a tent
84) Ride a horse again
85) Climb a rock wall twice 0/2
86) Watch the sun set over Lake Michigan, and drive across the state to watch it rise over Lake Huron
87) Make love under the stars (not sure how to deal with the bugs)
88) Send out a message in a bottle
89) Take the ferry across the lake and do something
90) Find a Geocache
91) Stand out in the rain and get completely soaked
92) Drive away somewhere with no destination in mind.
93) Go boogie boarding at the beach x3
94) Visit a large town’s flea market and find a treasure.

I'm leaving 4 blank spaces for a very important reason. I want to challenge myself in ways I might not already be aware of. So I need your help – what do you think I’ve missed on this list? Comment, send me your ideas! I can’t promise I’ll use every one, especially if it doesn’t inspire me.

*
*
*
*
98) Celebrate with champagne at the end of this 1001 event.
99) Encourage at least one other person to start a 101 in 1001 list
100) Leave 101 open, so I’m open to trying things not on my list.
101)


Additional Goal: Walk/Wii Fit LOTR trips
http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html


458 miles: Go from Hobbiton to Rivendell.

462 miles: Set out with the Fellowship from Rivendell to Lothlorien.

389 miles: Travel through Moria and down the Anduin from Lothlorien to Rauros Falls.

355 miles: Follow the path of Merry and Pippin from Rauros to Isengard.

484 miles: Follow the path of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli from Rauros to Isengard.

470 miles: Follow Frodo and Sam on the quest from Rauros to Mt. Doom.

517 miles: Ride with Gandalf and Pippin from Isengard to Minas Tirith.

786 miles: Travel with Aragorn from Isengard to Dunharrow through the Paths of the Dead to Minas Tirith.

578 miles: Ride with Merry and the Rohirrim from Isengard to Dunharrow to Edoras to Minas Tirith.

138 miles: Follow Aragorn from Minas Tirith to the Morannon.

120 miles: Return for Aragorn’s crowning from the Morannon to Minas Tirith.

1625 miles: Take the road home with the hobbits from Minas Tirith to Hobbiton.

  • 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard
  • 693 miles from Isengard to Rivendell.
  • 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End.

467 miles: Follow Frodo to the Grey Havens and return home with Sam.

THE HOBBIT:

397 miles: Travel with Bilbo from Bag End to Rivendell.

570 Miles: Travel with Bilbo from Rivendell to Lonely Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment